Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Deal Breakers: Personal Hygiene

Shower: .30 worth of water

Soap: .99

Deodorant: $1.99

Realizing you lost your chance with your crush because you stink: PRICELESS.

My friend would see umm…let’s just call him “John,” come though her workplace frequently. She liked his personality, he was decent looking, and he seemed cool. When “John” asked her for her number so they could go out sometime, she didn’t mind so she gave it to him. After seeing him a few more times, she felt like something was off. When I asked her about it, she said that she wasn’t sure, but he seemed to have some type of foul body odor. She decided that every time she would see him, he’d just come from the gym or some other activity that would cause a person to sweat. After seeing “John” a few more times, she realized that apparently, dude was just smelly. The offensive scent never seemed to go away when he was around. Needless to say, they never went on that date.

A few months ago (actually closer to 8 or 9), I had a similar situation. This guy asked for my number repeatedly every time I saw him. Eventually I gave in, with the understanding that it would be as “friends only.” Apparently someone didn’t get the memo, but what really made it bad was when I realized that he was smelly. I think he was worse than “John” because he didn’t smell like he’d just played sports. He smelled like he needed to wash dat azz! Lol. Also it was a reoccurring thing so obviously it was an issue. Needless to say, I started ignoring the calls and texts (which I was barely answering to begin with). Some people just don’t get it. I told him from the beginning that I was not interested in anything other than friendship and what did he do, the same thing a lot of guys do…eff it up trying to holla. And by the way, he sent a one way text yesterday. *pause*

This brings me to my next question. Can bad hygiene be a deal breaker, and if you really like a person, could you look past it?

2 comments:

  1. I think one of my personal hygiene deal breakers is when a man has a specific body odor and doesn't do anything about it. I have to say that a mans natural smell can be a turn on, but when it mixes with onions from Burgur King then Houston, we have a problem. That is all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. People...when you realize that your close friend or family member smells...please let them know!

    ReplyDelete

PROVERBIAL MIND CANDY

Proverbial-Widely referred to

Mind-A process that reasons

Candy-Something that is pleasing or pleasureable


"We are here to stimulate your mind with knowledge. If we do that, then we have done our job..."