Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The 6 Different Types of Guys

During my 27 years, I’ve ran into a lot of different types of guys. I know you’re probably thinking something like, well all guys are different. This is true, but if I had to characterize a large portion of them, I could pretty much throw them all into these 6 groups. He doesn’t have to only belong to one of these groups however, he can be a combo. You know what they say…variety is the spice of America.


The Conservative

The Conservative guy is the one who most of us would call the “suit.” Work is something that would probably be at the top of his list. If he pledged in college, he’d probably be a member of Alpha Phi Alpha. Also, because of his conservative nature he’s likely to be a Republican if he decides to take up Politics.


The Athlete

The Athlete is self-explanatory. He is physically fit. He probably played sports in High School and in College. He most likely enjoys the outdoors. Biking, hiking, and rock climbing would be ideal. Dwayne Wade maybe.


The Artsy Guy

The liberal of the bunch, this guy would be the musician, the poet, the artist, and probably the free spirit. He may have been a hippie if it was the 70s. My friend once dated a guy who wanted to go on a date to an art show and drink wine. Turned off by this, she told me, “As far as I’m concerned, the only type of guy who would want to do that is gay.” I found it funny, but I happen to disagree. I think artsy guys are sexy.


The Pretty Boy

It’s all about the way this guy presents himself. He probably spends more time in the mirror than you getting his hairdo right and his clothes fresh. If he pledged in college he’d likely be wearing the color red. Appearance is very important for him and his other half. Think Boris Kodjoe.


The Weirdo

The weirdo would’ve been the Emo or the Goth kid. In High School, you probably paid little or no attention to this guy. You simply thought he was weird. He doesn’t conform to what society deems normal. In adulthood, this may give him a sexy and mysterious edge. Downers would fall under this category. Basically he’s the male version of Daria. I’m thinking Johnny Depp.


The Regular Guy

This guy is the Average Joe. He doesn’t exactly fit into any of the other categories. He’s just regular. He probably like’s sports, but doesn’t necessarily play. He may love music, but can’t hold a note. The jokester guy falls under this one.

So now that I've explained them all, ladies which types have you dated and fellas which one are you?  Also do you guys think I left anyone out?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm so I wonder what category Idris & Trey would fall into....Artsy & Athlete would have to be up in there somewhere but I bet regular guy would also. Nice breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about the NERDY GUY?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE nerdy guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my share of nerdy guys I suppose but not too nerdy. Not Napoleon Dynomite nerdy but more so Dwayne Wayne. LOL All guys win because it's a shortage. Ugly or cute, fat or skinny, nerdy or swaggalicious lol...they win & it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think nerdy guys would probably fall under..."WEIRDO" ...most nerds I know are kinda weird. :D

    ReplyDelete

PROVERBIAL MIND CANDY

Proverbial-Widely referred to

Mind-A process that reasons

Candy-Something that is pleasing or pleasureable


"We are here to stimulate your mind with knowledge. If we do that, then we have done our job..."