Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why Are Black Men Constantly Bashing Black Women?


First let me say that ALL Black men are definitely NOT bashing Black women. This topic came to mind during a long and boring work day when I decided to hop on Twitter for a while to see what was going on. I was minding my business and tweeting with friends when the barely relevant Houston rapper Slim Thug started talking crazy about Black women. In a nut shell he thinks that 'Black women need to stand by their man more' (I figure he thinks that the former Destinys Child singer Toya should have stood by him even though he knocked some other woman up.) B.S. if I ever did see it. Anywho, he influenced this whole trending topic ideal that people ran with that went something like, "My White side enrolled in college but my Black side only shows up for the tests." (among other variations) Although I know these jokes were all in fun, and I have to admit that some of them were kind of funny, I didn't like the whole idea of it.

In general everything about Black people was of a negative connotation and the worse part was that Black people were the main ones saying it. This took my mind to a place in time where the whole mentality that a lot of people, even Black, had that White is right. Why does Black have to be negative? But that's another story. Back to the issue at hand, I got into a long, and fun, debate with some of my twitter friends about the fact that Black women are always 'the problem.' This simply cannot be the case. In my opinion, if you constantly end up with trifling and no good Black women all of the time then you need to look in the mirror because it looks like YOU are the problem. Maybe you need to be more selective when you choose a mate instead of blaming all Black women for the drama that the type who YOU choose to deal with puts you through.

I'm slowly but surely getting to the point where I'm beginning to feel like if anything, BM don't support BW. The reason I say this is because we have constantly been bashed for years about the same stuff. I'm over the whole thing and if this particular type of BM with these radical views don't want a BW then I am fine with that. Date whoever you want; if you don't want me, I don't want you. It's crazy how out of the millions of BW in the world people still act like most or all of us are the same. I'm sure it has been proven somewhere that not even half of BW fit this stereotypical mold that is often placed upon our heads.

In my Twitter discussion, I noted that a lot of these men who have an issue with BW are trying to turn a woman who is not wife material into one and expecting her to do what 'wifey' would do. You cannot turn a h*e into a housewife. Take note of that. Also, more than not, you know what you are getting into when you decide to be with a certain woman so if you don't want a nag, a liar, or whatever, then be more selective and cautious. I know so many great BW so to say there is few is very unsettling to me. As I stated in a previous article that I wrote, "Any negative attribute that someone can place on a sista can be found in any race, and vice versa." And that's real.

I want to know what you guys think about the Slim Thug 'article' and if you think that most or all Black women are non supportive and hard to deal with. Let's discuss...

*sidenote-this picture has nothing to do with this article per se but it has everything to do with it in some ways because it represents the way that some people view all Black women. That is all.

4 comments:

  1. First let me start by saying Slim Thugg is BARELY relevant...with that said, I agree that black men need to start having our backs. It is not our problem if they can't choose the right woman. That's pretty much what the problem is right? ...they're blaming ALL of us for their lack of judgement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this yesterday and thought it was kind of disturbing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I don't agree that he should have generalized his experiences to all Black Women. I don't posses any of those stereotypes he's given for black women. I believe a relationship should be 50/50 and when someone in the relationship is lacking the other person should be there to pick them up.


    To your response, I agree with you! Every one is a single individual. If you don't want a gold digger stop dating the h*** and thinking they will change. If you want someone more supportive, stop dating women that are selfish and self centered....get my drift.

    -Your cousin, Elishia

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elishia I think you have a wonderful point. The problem with alot of men imo, they expect the woman to cook, clean, take care of the kids, be superhead in the bedroom, keep a steady job, & all they wanna do is bring home the bacon. SMH If more relationships were 50/50 the divorce rate would be so much lower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, his name is Slim Thug. That should be enough.

    Second of all, he said his girl is black and white... but her white side does all of these things to support him.

    Thirdly, his name is Slim Thug. lol.

    When you read the article, it's easy to see the meaning behind it all. Dude just wants a woman who "does what he says," i.e. a woman he can control. Not to get my Slim Thug on and generalize, but maybe he finds it easier to control a 2520 chick rather than a sista.

    "It's Slim Thugga muthaf*kka!" lol...

    ReplyDelete

PROVERBIAL MIND CANDY

Proverbial-Widely referred to

Mind-A process that reasons

Candy-Something that is pleasing or pleasureable


"We are here to stimulate your mind with knowledge. If we do that, then we have done our job..."