Monday, May 31, 2010

How Old is Too Old?

In relationships and dating, traditionally women go for older men and men go for younger women.
I believe this is partly because women tend to mature before men. Dating a younger man means you may have to take care of him or take on the role of “Mama” (Although some men are needy at any age). He’s more likely to be childish or immature (from my experience, they ALWAYS show their youngness eventually), and he is usually still “sowing his wild oats” (wannabe player).


The whole “cougar” trend is kind of funny, but with couples like Demi and Ashton or Mariah and Nick, people seem to be jumping on that bandwagon. I’ve had guys, barely legal pleading their case on why I should give them a chance and how much more mature they are then most guys their age. I’ve also gotten my share of men old enough to be my Dad offering to “take a bill off my hands” or proposing to dedicate funds towards higher education.

This brings me to my point. When it comes to women dating men and vice versa, how old is too old?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's just something about an older guy. it makes me feel like i'm not the boss and that's how I like to feel in the relationship. When it comes to dating younger guys they always tend to show it like you say and so I try and not go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't go with guys who are over 40. Really, 35.

    They want to "school" you. I'm not here for lessons. I'm here for a relationship. Also, they tend to have too much baggage (divorce, alimony, kids, etc). I honestly don't want to be an instant step-mommy.

    Or if they are a free agent, they want to accelerator the relationship.

    Younger guys? No. I have tried to "be nice" and go for younger guys, but I really should trust my gut. They're too immature. They aren't as focused on their careers. They claim they are, but it all comes out when they ask me why would I work more than 6 hours a day on anything. See, they haven't had any real work outside of Pizza Hut to buy video games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think appx 35ish is my limit when it comes to older men also and during desperate times I'd say...wait for it.... 22. Ugh, I hate to admit that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally say 5 years up or down but if a guy is really hot, we may be able to have some fun, but thats it! :D

    ReplyDelete

PROVERBIAL MIND CANDY

Proverbial-Widely referred to

Mind-A process that reasons

Candy-Something that is pleasing or pleasureable


"We are here to stimulate your mind with knowledge. If we do that, then we have done our job..."