Friday, May 7, 2010

Deal Breakers: Hair



It started as a typical day. I woke up, watched videos on VH1, ate breakfast, showered, brushed my teeth and put on clothes. Soon after, I jumped into my car & headed to my 10 am hair appointment. As I opened the door to enter the Beauty Shop, I realized something. People STILL pay to get jheri curls.

Maybe I was the only one who thought Jheris went out of style with feather bangs & duck-tails, but uruhhhh apparently someone didn't get the memo. I know you're probably thinking something like...Well everything from the 80s is back, from ripped jeans to mohawks. This could've been the case. I thought about it. I mean every morning I see a kid on the bus stop rocking a straight up Kid eraser flat top. So when I finally got into the chair to get my hair done, (I waited for 2 1/2 hrs!!) I asked my beautician about this particular case & was informed that this guy had been rocking this do SINCE the 80s. This discovery led me to my next question.


Can a hairdo be a dating deal breaker?

5 comments:

  1. Lol...the topic needed to be explored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course hair is a deal breaker! Sistas ain't tryna holla at a brutha with braids/cornrows nowadays. Us, guys, have to have either a fresh shape up or dreads.

    I think hair is a deal breaker just like shoes, clothes, etc. We use all of these things to stereotype, which can be a good or bad thing.

    Bad: I see a sista rockin' an all natural, shape-up-looks-better-than-mine look. I think she's politcally/socially conscious, drinks green tea, and writes poetry. Chick could be Amber Rose 2.0.

    Good: I see a chick rockin' 50-11 colors in her hair. I think I know all I need to know about her. On to the next one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Southerncharm So you mean to tell me that you wouldn't holla at a female opposite of Donald Trump!? Uhh huh...Lmao

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAIR IS A DEAL BREAKER CAUSE THA JHERI WENT OUT IN THA 80'S. LMAO! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

PROVERBIAL MIND CANDY

Proverbial-Widely referred to

Mind-A process that reasons

Candy-Something that is pleasing or pleasureable


"We are here to stimulate your mind with knowledge. If we do that, then we have done our job..."