Thursday, May 13, 2010

5 Reasons Why Bleach Is Awesome


The Japanese anime cartoon written and illustrated by Tite Kubo has become very popular in the U.S. within the last few years. From being used as inspiration for cosplay, to being dubbed all over the Internet, it has truly become an underground phenomenon. You can find the original Japanese version with subtext, or the English version easily on the net, and can also watch several of the seasons in English on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. If you are more into reading they also have manga books which are like a Japanese version of a comic book. There are many reasons why I think the show is awesome but I'll name just a few...

1. It’s a great concept-Who doesn't like complicated story lines, and this one is just that. The show follows the main character Ichigo Kurosaki and his accidental becoming of a Soul Reaper-a Japanese death personification similar to the Grim Reaper.

2. The characters are HOT!-When you watch cartoons, you don't typically think about the possibility of the characters being attractive, but Bleach is an exception. The men are sexy and the women have huge assets that men fawn over. Even the odder characters like the gothy Ulquiorra Schiffer has a strange but definite sex appeal. If there ever were to be a movie based on the show I'd safely say that Johnny Depp would be great for that role! They also have a brown skinned woman named Yoruichi Shihouin who is truly one to be reckoned with. The show has several ethnicities, and therefore everyone can relate to it, from Japanese, to Mexican, to Black. What a wonderful thing!


3. None of the main characters ever die-Even though this is totally and utterly unbelievable, all of our characters we love, and love to hate never die. Characters do die though, but it's usually the random ones that appear for one or two seasons. It's actually pretty awesome!

4. They have great fight scenes-Me, being a person that's somewhat uninterested in action/fighting movies and shows actually rather enjoy the fight scenes on this show. I've always been into cartoons where characters have special powers like X-men, Transformers, & Captain Planet so I guess there should be no surprise that I'm into Bleach. I love these scenes and the fact that each character has his/her own unique power makes it even better.

5. It kind of makes you want to be a ninja!-After becoming a certified Bleach fan, addict, and converter, I must say...this show made me think about how cool it would be to be a real ninja. Aside from the fact that I'm not huge on violence and can be kind of clumsy at times, I'd probably make a great ninja. Maybe if we all became ninjas we could get rid of the dreaded N word and everyone could greet each other by saying, "What's up my ninja" followed by a hand slap. Just a thought.

With that being said, these are the main reasons that I watch the show, but aside from all the glitter, it's just an interesting show that's worth checking out, plus it makes me happy.

What reasons do you guys like Bleach?

3 comments:

  1. I like "Bleach" because it has so many colorful characters. I love lots of interesting characters. I guess I like that because much like "Bleach" most of my projects have many characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My folks have been trynna get me to watch this show for years. I won't/can't do it. There are like 4,567.3 episodes and they're still making them junks. Let me know when it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao, yea it IS alot of episodes, that's why I knocked them out at work! I was working HARD too for about 4 weeks! I finished all of them though & then turned around and watched the movies! *shhhh don't tell nobody* LOL

    ReplyDelete

PROVERBIAL MIND CANDY

Proverbial-Widely referred to

Mind-A process that reasons

Candy-Something that is pleasing or pleasureable


"We are here to stimulate your mind with knowledge. If we do that, then we have done our job..."